Jamaica and the Green Castle area offer a wide range of activities to meet every interest. We have local guides who can take you on a serious coastal hike to the Kwaamen Waterfall, a 5 hour return trek on foot or 2 hours by boat, that is well worth the adventure. About an hour away is bamboo rafting on the Rio Grande, which could be combined with a stopover at the market in Port Antonio. A hike to the Blue Mountain Peak should not be missed… this is a full day excursion with memorable experiences hiking through small Jamaican villages.
Some popular activities are:
- A Day in Portland Parish – Frenchman’s Cove Beach with lunch in Boston Bay, famous for its jerk, and finish with a stop at the Port Antonio Craft Market. (1 hour away)
- A Morning in Port Maria, Capital of St. Mary Parish – Take a tour of Firefly, playwright Noel Coward’s Jamaican home; take a walk by St. Mary’s historic buildings and have lunch in a local cookshop such as Baccaneers. (30 minutes away)
- A Garden Tour at Castleton Botanical Gardens – Enjoy a personal tour of historic Castleton Gardens and a picnic lunch by the Wag Water River. (45 minutes away)
- A Day in Ocho Rios – Visit the duty free shops of Ocho Rios, the Craft Market and have lunch at the Ruins, an outdoor restaurant with a waterfall running through it. Spend the afternoon at Dunns River Falls, Mystic Mountain, Dolphin Cove or one of the local gardens. (1 hour away)
- A Day Tour of Kingston – A tour of Kingston that takes you through the National Gallery, Hope Gardens, the Bob Marley Museum and historic Devon House. (1 hour away)
- Historic Day Tour – Visit historic Port Royal and the National Gallery. Learn about Jamaica’s rich history and vibrant past. (1.5 hours away)
- A Morning Rafting on the Rio Grande – Take a leisurely bamboo raft trip down the Rio Grande River and enjoy a lunch en route. (1 hour away)
Green Castle can help you create the type of week or weekend that meets your travel interests. Green Castle and its environs are one of the best kept secrets on the island, and we always enjoy sharing our little corner.